Accountant Full-time Job2023-03-13 08:14 Accounting Nadi 358 views Reference: 2855
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
ACCOUNTANT – ATS PACIFIC FIJI GROUP
ATS Pacific is one of Fiji’s leading inbound tour operators having been in operation in Fiji for over 25 years. ATS Pacific’s core business is that of inbound tour operations including FIT itinerary management, tour desks, conference & events, group travel and cruise ship shore excursions. ATS Pacific is seeking an Accountant with a strong understanding of Financial and Tax management. Experience in the Fiji Tourism Industry will be an added advantage. The successful applicant will have four direct reports and report through to the Australian based Group Financial Controller – Inbound and the Fiji based – Group General Manager.
Key requirements for interested applicants are as follows:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in financial and management accounting
- Excellent understanding of Fiji tax requirements
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, MYOB
- Good communication skills to manage a team and work with other department heads
- Inbound tour operator and/or tourism industry experience (not essential but preferred)
- Experience in Tour Plan Reservations System (not essential but preferred)
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and submission of all relevant reports as required from time to time by the management.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years in the similar role
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, Word, and Outlook.
- Be a team player and work responsibly without direct supervision.
Applications close at 4.00pm on 17th March 2023. Late application will not be considered, and shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply please send a detailed & updated CV, copies of certificates, copies of reference letters with covering letter to.
Accountant Role, ATS Pacific,
PO Box 9172, Nadi Airport or E-mail at:
JOB OPEN TO:
Helloworld Travel the Travel Professionals, HLO has more than 2,400 members in Australia and New Zealand across its retail networks including fully branded outlets, Associates, Helloworld Business Travel, Magellan Travel, The Travel Brokers (NZ), Mobile Travel Agents and the My Travel Group.
Diverse Wholesale operations distribute travel products and services to markets all over the world, these include household names such as Viva Holidays, Sunlover Holidays, and GO Holidays operating in New Zealand.
Inbound and destination-management companies include AOT Inbound, ATS Pacific and Experience Tours Australia (ETA).
Air consolidation services AirTickets and SmartTickets provide advanced technological ticketing solutions to a wide range of travel agents and networks.
HLO services the fast-growing cruise market with specialist brand SevenOceans Cruising and Cruiseco providing access to a comprehensive database of ocean and river cruise products including itineraries, cruise lines, ocean and river cruise vessels and ports information, as well as cruise packaging and services.
With extensive operations in Australia and New Zealand Helloworld Travel Limited also has a significant business presence in Fiji with Inbound brand leader ATS Pacific and Fijis premier transport operator and ground handler Tourist Transport Fiji (TTF).