An opportunity has become available for a well-qualified, dynamic self-motivated and experienced individual to join the company as Accountant. As a key member of the Finance Team, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), this role will undertake a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company.
• Prepare financial statements, budgets, cash flow and other reports/forecasts as required by management for the company.
• Doing costings for new cartage jobs and submitting tenders.
• Analyse changes in operating costs and transport industry regulations in Fiji to determine the effects on cost and implement necessary changes.
• Oversee that all admin and finance functions of the company operates with efficiency.
• Ensure admin/clerical staff reporting to you are performing their role effectively and admin works such as supplier payments, weekly payroll, data entry, invoice postings, banking, account reconciliations, receipting, customer invoicing, invoice and customer statement dispatching, GPS monitoring, debtor account follow-ups and payment collections are done on a timely manner.
• Conduct physical inventories and stock takes.
• Monitor stocks levels, reconcile and ensure stocks are ordered in a timely manner
• Updating and maintaining excel summaries, records and reports.
• Ensure proper filing of reports, payments vouchers andrecords is maintained.
• Liaising with the Fleet Manager to ensure LTA, FRA and other agencies regulatory requirements for the fleet such as fitness, labour inspections, exemption permits, and other requirements or licenses is up to date.
• Provide financial support to Director and CFO, forward daily management reports depicting overall performance of the company.
• Anticipate modern technology and innovative methods to achieve results.
• Maximize commercial revenue by identifying and taking advantage of potential growth.
• Assist and support employee training and development initiatives.
• Create a safe, friendly and healthy working environment for employees.
• Attend to any other work-related duties as assigned by C.F.O.
Requirements and Qualifications
• A degree in Accounting and Information Systems
• Over 3 years of experience in General and Cost Accounting in a logistic/cartage/transport industry would be an added advantage.
• Excellent MS Office, presentation and report writing skills.
• Hands-on with strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with customers.
• Attention to detail
• Capacity to perform under minimum supervision and have problem-solving skills.
• Valid Group 2 driving license.
An attractive remuneration package will be provided to the successful candidate.
How to Apply: -
If you have the qualification, experience and necessary skills then please submit your application letter, a detailed resume, relevant documents including 3 professional referees with the subject ‘ZAR-Accountant’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 30th April 2023