Administrative Intern - Fiji (part time) Full-time Job2023-03-18 05:24 Administration Suva 1.1K views Reference: 2869
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
ABOUT FIELD READY
Field Ready is a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to bringing innovation to international disaster relief and increasing the capacity of local supply chains in aid and development.
Our vision is to meet humanitarian needs by transforming logistics through technology, innovative design, partnerships with local manufacturers and leading relief organizations, and engaging people in new ways. In the long term, we are building an organization that can respond to need wherever it may be most felt. The impact of this will be dramatically improving the efficiency of aid delivery by meeting people’s needs where they experience them whether at an underserved health clinic, remote distribution point, or evacuation center. Field Ready is a US-based 501c3; more information can be found at www.fieldready.org.
Having passed the start-up phase of our work establishing a regional hub in Fiji, Field Ready is now scaling its approach in the Pacific island’s region, which entails ensuring a more robust presence in terms of its administration in other countries in the region. A talented officer is seeking to join Field Ready’s team in Suva, Fiji Office with an explicit mandate to assist in building our program there and in the wider Pacific region and to continue with Field Ready’s work.
The Administration Intern – Fiji will report directly to the Program Coordinator - Pacific and work collaboratively with other staff as directed. He/ She will work 3 Days a week/ Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays covering 8 hours per day’s work.
The following are illustrative responsibilities that will evolve over time and depend on organizational needs. The Role of this position with be directed by the Program Coordination & Administration Lead- Pacific. The ideal candidate will be expected to provide leadership in further developing this position and will operate 3 days a week.
- He/ She maintained administration and HR files in accordance with the established filing system.
- Opens and distributes the mail in assigned departments, sorts, and processes outgoing mail.
- Assist with Work permits for Expatriate staff through the Fiji Immigration office.
- Assist with Expatriate Staff Accommodation settlement when required.
- Assist with data entries when required.
- Assist the technical team with any administrative work.
- Assist with Ticket bookings and following up with Key Travel.
- Other duties assigned by the Program Coordinator & Administration Lead Pacific
Planning & Preparation
- Provide Administrative support for field activities on an as-needed basis.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
The best applicants will combine relevant know-how with excellent people skills and an ability to get things done under challenging conditions. This is a special opportunity for someone who wants to use their skills and experience to improve the lives of people around the world.
- Diploma or Degree in the relevant subject (minimum High School graduate with strong academic achievement)
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office software, Data Entries, Understanding basic computing
- Experience, Honest and hardworking person in related work
- Demonstrated professional acumen; detailed and results-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills; proficient in MS Suite and related tools.
- Consummate self-starter but also a close listener and team player
- Ability to prioritize and implement good workload- and time-management skills.
- The best applicant will possess a deep passion for humanitarianism, a good sense of humor, and an understanding/readiness to work with an organization undergoing growth.
Submit a cover letter that describes your qualifications, reasons for applying, and understanding of the requirements outlined above. This letter should be no more than three pages. Please submit this cover letter along with your CV to Mafi, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The title “Administration Intern” must be included in the subject line.
The deadline is 18th March 2023, by 12 midnight, however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until that date.