Carpenters Motors - Technical Trainer (Suva) Full-time Job2023-04-08 07:58 Training Suva 160 views Reference: 2953
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Carpenters Motors, a division of Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited and a recognized leader in the Motoring Industry in Fiji, is seeking applications from interested candidates for the Technical Trainer position to be based in Suva. If you believe you are ready to join our dynamic team we want to hear from you!
- Develop, deliver and facilitate Technical Training programs based on Hyundai & Nissan requirements, organisational and individual training needs, Nissan UD and Isuzu product training requirements that will support in the achievement of stated business objectives through a skilled workforce.
- Work within national teams to facilitate and manage skills contest, manage training development pathways and training data records.
- Ensure all compliance and statutory trainings are included in the Technical Training calendar and revisions to training manuals are done parallel to organisational needs. Compliance to Hyundai & Nissan procedures is critical.
- Develop the annual Technical training calendar and revisions done 6 monthly to suit the business needs.
- Monitor and support branches on any franchise technical issues and liaise with Franchise technical divisions through technical reports.
- Update branch on technical service bulletins, submit Pre WarrantyApproval [PWA] for warranty claim out of warranty or requires appeal claim.
- Coordinate and monitor Apprenticeship program for Carpenters Motors division and liaise with stakeholders in the development of apprentices.
- Conduct regular audits on apprentice tools and workbook and discuss FNU results with apprentices and respective department heads.
- Plan, conduct and manage all of the Technical training activities within the approved training
- Submit quality technical reports to support out of warranty claims and reduce goodwill expense.
- Identify development pathways for each position and each employee that is aligned to the supporting of business process.
- Conduct on the job evaluations periodically for appraisal of skills competency and to recommend appropriate strategies to improve work performance.
- Ensure occupational and compliance training including 5s activities are implemented.
- Ensure security and repairs are maintained at the highest level for the Technical Training room
and all equipment.
- Conduct 6 monthly stock updates of the Technical Training room and equipment to ensure
compliance of records.
- Monitoring of Apprentices progress on regular basis to ensure good competent and quality
future technicians are developed within Carpenters Motors.
- Ensure staffs receive training based on their development pathway and organizational training
- Evaluations should be done periodically to measure the success of training delivered and training reports highlighting any special recommendations that need to be addressed.
- Show initiative to innovate in area of training programs and willingness to provide new learning
opportunities to staff.
- Facilitate and Manage the National Skills Contest.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with Service Managers to discuss training plans, training reports
- Promote good health and safety practices, follow and support the implementation of ANZEN
requirements and advise staff on any health and safety matters to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrate a strong mind of internal customer service towards the organization.
- Ensure training activities are aligned to the national and regional customer (staff) requirements.
Training programs and all associated training activities are executed to meet customer
- Excellent Written and verbal communication to be exercised when liaising with Management
and staff on training related issues and negotiations to get maximum responsiveness and
- Providing support to branches in technical issues and ensuring improvement in service quality
deliverance and fix it right issues.
- Support branches as flying doctor to fix difficult repairs for all branches.
- A proven track record in Service Department is critical along with 5 years’ experience in a similar role in an Automotive Industry.
- Tertiary qualification in a business discipline or relevant automotive training.
- Registration as a Training Instructor with Fiji National University is a necessity.
- Previous work experience in Service Department of an Automotive industry is desirable.
- Supervisory or Management position in a Service Department of Automotive Industry is highly recommended.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Excellent human relations, communication and negotiating skills are critical.
- Computer literacy especially in MS word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel are essential with excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to build positive work relationships with key stakeholders such as Dealer Principal, University and Training Institution Academics.
- A driven self-starter that works as part of a team.
- Exposure to relevant workshops, seminars, study meetings locally and overseas is desirable.
- Must be willing to travel abroad as and when required.
How to Apply
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to succeed then we will surely like to hear from you! Detailed CV can be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Technical Trainer"
Applications can also be sent to:
Manager People and Performance
PO Box 299
Applications close at 4pm on Sunday 16th April 2023.