Carptrac - Electrical Power Generation Technician (Suva) Full-time Job2023-06-30 15:42 Trade & Services Suva 281 views Reference: 3259
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Carptrac, the Caterpillar Distributor in the Fiji Market has an excellent opportunity available for suitably qualified and experienced person for the role of Electrical Power Generation Technician to be part of our Caterpillar team in Suva.
- Perform diagnosis of electrical problem solving using schematics.
- Perform strip back and investigative engine/generator teardowns as directed.
- Perform preventative maintenance commissioning, troubleshooting, repair and
installation of AC and DC electric motors with strength in electrical testing, mechanical
- Inspection, alignment and vibration analysis
- Plan, coordinate and execute work in an organized, safe and effective manner to meet
schedule, budget and customer’s expectations
- Identify and implement cost and process improvements and standardization to
continuously improve productivity and efficiency
- Perform generator installation and commissioning.
- Able to troubleshoot generators.
- Carry out repairs of generators - Caterpillar brand and others within given time frame.
- Prepare customer quotations.
- Be available for after hours’ breakdown.
- Attend to customer complaints and resolve in a timely manner.
- Implement and enforce safe working procedures.
- Form 6 Pass with relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ of work experience in Power Generation field.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be computer literate with the ability to work around Caterpillar computerized
- Must have EFL Wireman’s license.
- Must have Automatic Switch Gear experience.
- Ability to travel to outer islands
- Must have a clean and valid driving license.
- Ability to work extended hours as and when required.
We will offer highly competitive salary to successful candidate.
Written applications, with a detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences are to
be forwarded to the under mentioned no later than Sunday 16th July, 2023.
Manager People & Performance
P O Box 299
Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org