Data Engineer Full-time Job2023-03-05 21:08 IT & Telecoms Suva 444 views Reference: 2810
Pepper Advantage Hub (Fiji) is seeking an experienced, well-organised and professional Data Engineer to join our team and also keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
The responsibility of the data engineer is basically to collect, manage and convert raw data into information that can be interpreted by business analysts. Additionally, the data engineer has to build intelligent domains using market leading tools, ultimately improving the way we work in data, delivery of key data initiatives and building them using relevant market leading cloud technologies. The ultimate goal for the data engineer is data accessibility so that the organization can utilize data for performance evaluation and optimization.
The data engineer will be responsible for:-
- Design and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture that is business-aligned.
- Put together large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement improvements to internal data processing: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing pipelines for greater scalability, and so on.
- Create pipelines for optimal data extraction, transformation, and loading from a wide range of data sources using SQL, ETL tools, and AWS'big data' technologies.
- Assist stakeholders in the Product, Data, and Design teams with data-related technical issues and data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data analyst team members that assist them in building and deploying analytical data assets.
- Collaborate with data and analytics experts to improve the functionality of our data systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or any other IT-related course.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding.
- Candidate needs to be flexible in terms of working hours.
- A good general understanding of database systems and data warehousing.
- Good organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Must demonstrate team player attributes
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary package
- Medical benefits
- 24/7 transportation
- Ongoing career development and training
- A secure career with a fast growing company
How to Apply: Your professional CV must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org which must include details of 3 non-related professional referees. All applications must be submitted by 19th March 2023 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
JOB OPEN TO:
We are currently seeking resources in Suva to offer back-office processing services to clients abroad. We are committed to offering an equal, diverse, and growing workplace that offers specialised training and capacity building to our staff and delivering outstanding services to our clients.