Director of Sales MICE & Weddings Full-time Job2023-03-12 22:25 Sales & Marketing Nadi 218 views Reference: 2839
We have an exciting vacancy for a commercially savvy professional who is eager to join a high performing commercial team and work towards an exciting future with IHG®.
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director of Sales – MICE & Weddings to join our team.
Your day to day
As Director of Sales – MICE & Weddings, you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth and achieving business objectives through effective leadership, strategic planning, and sales execution.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the successful incumbent will be responsible for achieving revenue targets for Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions, Weddings and banquet sales at this iconic luxury resort. You will align sales and marketing efforts with our overall business objectives, focus on identifying new revenue opportunities and maintain strong relationships with existing clients.
Some key job responsibilities championed by the successful incumbent will include the below but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and external contacts to produce group and/or convention business, which includes room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Direct and manage the forecasting process in conjunction with IHG Revenue Services to ensure accurate, timely and complete information.
- Actively participate and complete the preparation of the annual Sales and Marketing Plan, quarterly updates, and the property’s annual Budgets.
- Work closely with local NGOs and business houses to grow the local market share.
- Increase market share with market strategies, offerings and networking by attending local and international trade shows, sales trips and networking events where required.
- Work closely with IHG Global, National Sales offices, Tourism Fiji, Fiji Airways and other industry stakeholders in the events and niche market space to generate market visibility and increase market share.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Higher education qualification (not necessary but will be an advantage)
- Experience - Four or more years of senior leadership experience in sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team in a luxury branded hotel
- Have represented a hotel brand at an international trade show • Flexibility - nights, weekends and holiday shifts
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a medical cover, term life cover, birthday leave, community service leave, free transportation, one duty meal, impressive rooms and food & beverage discounts across all our brands and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants meeting the MQR for the role will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close on the 17th of March 2023
JOB OPEN TO:
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific,
Natadola is an extraordinary sanctuary discreetly nestled amongst 35 acres of tropical gardens; InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Bay on Fijis main island of Viti Levu. Protected by a reef that creates an aqua-blue ocean-facing lagoon, Natadola Beach is voted one of the best beaches in the world.
Fijian design-inspired, our 266 rooms offer an array of world-class dining facilities, an award-winning luxury spa, three swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, a kids club, a wedding pavilion, and state-of-the-art conference facilities as well as authentic Fijian hospitality.
These experiences combine to create one of the most magnificent luxury retreats in Fiji and the South Pacific. Fifty-five minutes away from Nadi International Airport, InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is the only five-star Fiji resort positioned in the idyllic location that is Natadola Bay.