Farm Manager Full-time Job2023-11-02 13:39 Manufacturing Suva 93 views Reference: 3622
- Corporate Dairy Farm Management Opportunity
- Be part of a brand that is already highly successful and growing!
Fiji Dairy Pte Limited is a leading manufacturer of a range of dairy products including UHT milk, powdered milk, butter, yoghurts, fresh and sour cream and various other flavoured dairy products. We are seeking to recruit an experienced, result-oriented and self-driven Farm Manager to be based in Suva, Fiji.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the financial and physical performance of the dairy farm and as such is required to be highly skilled in all aspects of the dairy farm operations.
- Develop and implement detailed farm development plans including semi-intensive dairy farming, cost analysis, material sourcing requirements and contractor engagement
- Engage as a hands-on operator and ensure regular presence on farm for operational planning and growth in efficiency and effectiveness
- Coordinate farm activities through subordinate and supervisory personnel to ensure sustainable farm operations
- Review breeding and milk production records and work with bulk suppliers and wider industry stakeholders to improve dairy production
- Ensure milk harvesting is timely including managing and reporting identified contributing factors of milk contamination
- Manage herd feeding, grazing paddocks, weed/pest control and ensure daily pasture allocation is timely and within budget
- Manage calving and the calf rearing program to achieve minimal losses and ensure high quality replacements are available for the herd including management of animal fatalities
- Develop, review and implement animal health programs with the Veterinarians and ensure timely disease control and treatment and regular vaccinations.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with sanitation standards and to plan and determine maintenance and repair requirements/schedule.
- Prepare farm activity and project reports including provision of general and technical advice to Management for decision making.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferably in Agriculture/Dairy Farming/Animal Husbandry with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in dairy farm management including hands on technical advisor expertise in commercial dairy farming operations
- Good understanding of legislation pertaining to farming operations, good manufacturing practices and food safety & Hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company
- Computer literate, ability to use MS Office applications and good documentation skills
- Must have valid driving license
How to apply:
If you are interested in the opportunity and meet the above criteria, please apply via the below link before 26th November 2023.
In 2015, Rewa Dairy was appointed as the distributor for Murray Goulburn Dairy Cooperative (Australia) Devondale.
Over 170 permanent staff members are employed at the plant.
Based in Suva, the dairy plant manufactures a range of dairy products includes:
Rewa Life UHT Milk
Rewa Powdered Milk
Rewa Fresh and Rewa Sour Cream
Rewa Fresh Milk
Rewa Fun Flavour Flavoured UHT Milk