Finance Assistant Full-time Job2023-05-20 20:41 Financial Services Suva 775 views Reference: 3116
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Pepper Advantage Hub (Fiji) is seeking a competent Finance Assistant to form a critical part of the Finance team, based in Fiji. This role is an excellent opportunity for a person with financial accounting background to join our team reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
- Perform operational activities to support the Head Office, spanning: Australia, UK, Europe, and Asia, which includes accounts receivable, payable, intercompany transactions, expense management, accruals, prepayments, and other related activities.
- Prepare customer invoices, maintain customer database, prepare ageing reports, follow up on aged receivables and send out statements on timely basis.
- Follow up and process payment for supplier invoices in absence of the AP Officer.
- Prepare weekly AR and AP aging summary to support cash flow.
- Manage accurate and timely processing of day-to-day financial transactions.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of ledgers and sub-ledgers.
- Respond to inquiries and provide analysis of financial information as required.
- Ensure all expenses are entered in accounting system on a timely manner.
- Assist in month-end closing, and year-end closing.
- Interact constantly with Global finance teams to understand financial accounting performed in each location.
- Prepare and compile accurate accounts reports.
- Other ad-hoc tasks
Skills and experience required:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 2+ years financial accounting experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong MS Excel skill.
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to identify errors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary package
- Medical benefits
- 24/7 transportation
- Professional development and career advancement
- A secure career with a fast-growing company
- Inclusive workplace culture
How to Apply: Your professional CV and cover letter must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org which must include details of 3 non-related professional referees. All applications must be submitted by 28th May 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
JOB OPEN TO:
We are currently seeking resources in Suva to offer back-office processing services to clients abroad. We are committed to offering an equal, diverse, and growing workplace that offers specialised training and capacity building to our staff and delivering outstanding services to our clients.