Food & Beverage Attendant Contract Job2023-09-04 04:24 Tourism & Restaurants Sigatoka 507 views Reference: 3465
What is the job?
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Team Leaders and Supervisors on shift, you will be the face of the Food & Beverage operation of the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa. We're currently looking for a Food & Beverage Attendant, a key role in our Food & Beverage team focused on bringing the InterContinental Life alive across our Restaurants and bars, and Events within the resort.
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Food & Beverage Attendant you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and beverage options and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes. Workings across multiple outlets, you will be exposed to a variety of service styles from a-la-carte to fine dining and event service.
Your day To day
- Mise en Place and Food Preparation.
- Clean and maintain equipment and premises.
- Doing table service, a la carte, cleaning and supporting other outlets, ability of multitasking is a must.
- You will have an eye for detail and be an enthusiastic and approachable person who is motivated to take ownership and consistently deliver a unique guest experience.
- The ability to create dining experiences exceeding our customers’ needs and expectations, and also have the ability to recommend beverages or any other product, pairing alongside our menus.
- Maintain hygienic standards and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of functions and service.
- Preparing waiter stations.
- Preparing buffet service.
- Billing procedures in line with the resort policy.
- Actively inform guests of product options and offering.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the resort, the brand and the Company.
- Neat Personal Presentation.
What do we need from you
In order to provide the best services, you'll need to
- Exceptional customer service skills working in a luxury resort environment.
- Certification in Food & Beverage/Hospitality Operations or equivalent.
- Friendly Persona.
- Have a diverse knowledge of the role, be a team player.
- Be able to interact well with guests and also understand the nature of the operations.
- Deliver a high level of service that our guests have come to expect.
- Great communication skills to interact with both guests & the team.
- Have full availability and flexibility to work a rotating 7 day roster including weekends and public holidays.
- The confidence to interact well with guests.
- Prior Food & Beverage experience in a fast-paced café/bar/restaurant environment.
- Full Fijian Driver's license is preferred.
Ideally, you'll have previous work experience in Food & Beverage and/or hospitality operations and be enthusiastic, approachable and motivated with a real passion for hospitality in order to consistently deliver a great customer experience.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we'll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1600hrs, Thursday 07th September, 2023.
JOB OPEN TO:
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific,
Natadola is an extraordinary sanctuary discreetly nestled amongst 35 acres of tropical gardens; InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Bay on Fijis main island of Viti Levu. Protected by a reef that creates an aqua-blue ocean-facing lagoon, Natadola Beach is voted one of the best beaches in the world.
Fijian design-inspired, our 266 rooms offer an array of world-class dining facilities, an award-winning luxury spa, three swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, a kids club, a wedding pavilion, and state-of-the-art conference facilities as well as authentic Fijian hospitality.
These experiences combine to create one of the most magnificent luxury retreats in Fiji and the South Pacific. Fifty-five minutes away from Nadi International Airport, InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is the only five-star Fiji resort positioned in the idyllic location that is Natadola Bay.