Front Office Manager (Re-advertised) Full-time Job2023-10-09 06:56 Accounting Suva 407 views Reference: 3574
At IHG, our goal is to help shape the future of responsible travel together with those who stay, work and partner with us. We will support our people and make a positive difference to local communities while preserving our planet’s beauty and diversity... not just today but long into the future.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”, we have an opportunity within our Front Office team for a Front Office Manager.
As a Front Office Manager, you will support the team which will include but not limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of the Front Office department (including guest registration, porter services, concierge services) to deliver a unique guest experience that brings the brand to life.
- Drive employee engagement within Front Office operation
- Prepare rosters to achieve budgeted payroll productivity.
- Maintain an awareness of hotel activities within property including events, conferences, occupancy levels, profitability and key metrics of Guest Love and Colleague Heartbeat
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager, to ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Fully conversant with crisis management and able to lead the hotel in any given emergency situation.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/ Business Administration.
- 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience.
- Knowledge of intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Superior communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills in leading and developing the team; driving for results; championing change with the team; leading innovative thinking.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Term Life Cover
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
Most importantly, we’llhelp you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply:
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com
JOB OPEN TO:
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the worlds leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva, first of its kinds for the capital city. Rich in history, GPH is a heritage, 5-star luxury hotel built over 100 years ago and is world famous for hosting Royaltys, World Leaders, Business Executives and Leisure Travellers alike.