General Manager Full-time Job2023-06-09 14:39 Manufacturing Suva 350 views Reference: 3192
Fiji Dairy Pte Limited is a subsidiary of CJ Patel Group of Companies and a leading manufacturer of a range of dairy products including UHT milk, powdered milk, butter, yoghurts, fresh and sour cream and various other flavoured dairy products. We are seeking to recruit an experienced, result-oriented and self-driven General Manager to be based in Suva, Fiji.
The General Manager is accountable for the leadership, management and control of all activities within Fiji Dairy Pte Limited in accordance with the strategic direction of the CJ Patel Group. The role also ensures commercial viability, product quality, people safety and environmental sustainability. Key accountabilities include:
- Maintain overall organization responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related manufacturing legal/statutory regulations, company policy and procedures and applicable standards such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Best Practice Guidelines and food safety and ISO, HACCP certifications.
- FDL Farm Operations managed and strategic plans developed and implemented to ensure growth and sustainability of FDL Farms.
- Commercial viability of the business ensured through development and implementation of manufacturing and operational strategic plans ensuring business growth, continuos improvement, new product development and maximum capacity utilization.
- Preparing and managing the budget and monitoring the financial health of the business unit.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations in terms of quality, production, and delivery.
- Assure prompt, accurate and complete reporting on all major aspects of plant operations to Executive team.
- Accountable for understanding business manpower needs, ensuring each person is performing all requirements of the job and providing adequate training and development and succession as necessary.
- Degree or higher tertiary qualification in Engineering/Food Science/Business Management or relevant field from a recognized institution.
- At least ten to fifteen years' experience in a Food Manufacturing Industry of which minimum five years managing overall food or dairy manufacturing plant as a General Manager or similar capacity.
- Knowledge of Dairy plant operation and equipment/machine utilities is desirable.
- Knowledge in Food Safety Management System, Good Manufacturing Practices and root cause analysis
- Possess broad commercial and business acumen and be a strategic thinker.
- Possess strong decision making, analytical problem solving, forecasting, budgeting, negotiating and communication skills.
A market competitive remuneration package will be offered with frindge benefits to successful incumbent based on experience and calibre. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
How to apply:
Apply online via link:https://jobs.hrmonise.com/details/2534/fdl/general-manager
Applications close on 30th June 2023.
In 2015, Rewa Dairy was appointed as the distributor for Murray Goulburn Dairy Cooperative (Australia) Devondale.
Over 170 permanent staff members are employed at the plant.
Based in Suva, the dairy plant manufactures a range of dairy products includes:
Rewa Life UHT Milk
Rewa Powdered Milk
Rewa Fresh and Rewa Sour Cream
Rewa Fresh Milk
Rewa Fun Flavour Flavoured UHT Milk