Group OHS Officer Full-time Job2023-04-23 21:23 Trade & Services Suva 267 views Reference: 3023
Carpenters Fiji PTE Limited, one of the largest organizations in the private sector is seeking to recruit a result oriented and enthusiastic individual for the following role to be based in Head Office, Suva. This is a challenging role and we require enthusiastic and hardworking individual.
Key Tasks & Duties:
- Develop and/or implement strategies to reduce workplace injuries and ensure workplace health and safety to meet business needs.
- Review health and safety policies, procedures and safety management systems.
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessmentsfor all locations, and ensure all employees comply with all relevant legal safety requirements.
- Lead incident investigations for medium/high risk incidents including root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with local authorities and plan to achieve legal compliance.
- Work with the operational teams to identify and manage the OHS risks.
- Develop and implement procedures for safety and risk management.
- Ensure that OHS issues are communicated and acted on effectively.
- Coordinate with the health and safety committees and conduct appropriate meetings to discuss and resolve issues, incidents and concerns.
- Monitor and ensure that corrective action is taken with respect to OHS audit and inspections.
- Review and incorporate feedback on the effectiveness, comprehensiveness and usability of the OHS system.
- Champion effective OHS performance improvement.
- Assist in the development of training plans and organising trainings that foster OHS awareness.
- Significant experience in OHS and ideally HR admin or training.
- Diploma in OHS or Degree in HR Management.
- Strong knowledge of OHS and Workers Compensation Legislations.
- Ability to make formal recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in coordinating safety systems and improvement.
- Persuasive communication, interpersonal and strong data presentation skill
- Accredited OHS trainer certification will be an added advantage
A written application, with detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences, can also be
forwarded to the under mentioned no later than Friday 5th May 2023.
Human Resources Manager
Carpenters Fiji Limited
PO Box 299, Suva
Applications can also be emailed to email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as the position