Guest Services Agent - Chinese Speaking Contract Job2023-06-25 21:51 Tourism & Restaurants Sigatoka 266 views Reference: 3237
IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
As a Guest Services Agent - Chinese Speaking, is primarily responsible to assist Chinese-speaking guests, but will also be responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Your day to day
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (Chinese and English) both verbally and written, with all levels of guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with IHG Service Delivery Standards.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
- Comply with IHG Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests.
Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluent in both English and Chinese (speaking, reading and writing) required.
- Communication skills – guests and colleagues will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and computers that would have Chinese language only.
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- You’ll have a Hospitality and/or Tourism Diploma or qualification.
- A Certificate in Chinese Language Course or equivalent.
- Experience - ideally you’ll have spent at least two years in a front desk or guest service position in a 5 star property OR equivalent to a Chinese-speaking role.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we'll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1600hrs, Friday 30th June, 2023.
JOB OPEN TO:
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific,
Natadola is an extraordinary sanctuary discreetly nestled amongst 35 acres of tropical gardens; InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Bay on Fijis main island of Viti Levu. Protected by a reef that creates an aqua-blue ocean-facing lagoon, Natadola Beach is voted one of the best beaches in the world.
Fijian design-inspired, our 266 rooms offer an array of world-class dining facilities, an award-winning luxury spa, three swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, a kids club, a wedding pavilion, and state-of-the-art conference facilities as well as authentic Fijian hospitality.
These experiences combine to create one of the most magnificent luxury retreats in Fiji and the South Pacific. Fifty-five minutes away from Nadi International Airport, InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is the only five-star Fiji resort positioned in the idyllic location that is Natadola Bay.