Kitchen Hand - Ba/Lautoka Full-time Job2023-03-25 08:11 Tourism & Restaurants Ba 531 views Reference: 2906
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experience Kitchen Hand. The Kitchen Hand will assist the Chef and Cooks for the timely preparation and delivery of nutritional and quality meals to inpatients and employees.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the kitchen’s facilities up to Food Safety and Hygiene standards in cleaning all kitchen surfaces, mop and sweep kitchen floors, put away dishes, pots and pans, organize food, clean out freezers, and remove trash.
- Ensure the sufficient usage of food supplies and ingredients.
- Assist cooks in completing food preparation tasks, from organizing the refrigerator and freezer to chopping vegetables, washing fruit, defrosting meat. They may fully prepare dishes that require little to no cooking, such as salads.
- Maintain the kitchen in ensuring all appliances and cooking equipment are properly used and maintained.
- Inventory stock takes of supplies and food, ensuring that the kitchen always has accurate stock of everything.
- Ensure the proper preparation of food as per the required standards of food preparation.
- Maintain a hygienic work environment by proper cleaning and storage of utensils, equipment’s, machine and working tools.
- Ensure adequate use of all food supplies and ingredients issued for the day in compliance with Food Safety and Hygiene guidelines.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Successful completion of Form 6 level.
- Relevant Catering qualification.
- At least a year’s experience in catering and food service or in a similar work environment.
- Good knowledge of the standard methods and techniques of safe food preparation.
- Ability to assist cook with the preparation of food to cater for special requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Customer focus approach with commitment to supporting the operational goals of the organization.
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email email@example.com
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.
Our Ba Hospital facility will provide general inpatient and outpatient services to the Western Division and will commence operations from early 2022.
Lautoka Hospital will continue to operate throughout the transition phase with Aspen Medical providing upgrades to existing facilities and training to international medical standards for operation by Aspen Medical from March 2022. With 305 beds, the upgraded Lautoka Hospital will continue to provide general inpatient and outpatient services, emergency department, maternity services, neonatal and childrens services and operating theatres and will deliver enhanced clinical services across a range of specialties including renal dialysis, chemotherapy, maternity, oncology, coronary care and intensive care.