Marine Biologist/ Scientist Full-time Job2023-03-18 05:36 Medical & Healthcare Pacific Harbour 477 views Reference: 2871
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Vacancy for: Marine Biologist/ Scientist
Based: Pacific Harbour, Fiji
We’re looking for a Field Scientist/ Project Coordinator who will be responsible for programme development, dive operations, related surveys, data collection, all aspects of field science and research, and the supervision of interns and volunteers. The objectives of this role are to organise all operations and logistics associated with the research work and related surveys of the Conservation Project, including the training and supervision of interns and volunteers in all research-related activities and all dive-related activities, meeting the daily needs of the volunteers, interns and our key stakeholders, planning and organisation of all project related activities. The Project Coordinator / Field Scientist should lead successful research and data collection in line with Conservation Management Plan; they should follow all Overseas and Internal systems and procedures and ensure the worthwhileness of work with a local and global impact.
- Marine Science/Biology - Master’s Degree or equivalent or Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc.) in a related field with at least 2 years of experience.
- Certified diver. Over 100 dives is a bonus.
- Advanced knowledge of shark biology, ecology and research.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Experience in project development and management
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects for a culturally diverse group as well as community interventions and partnership building among stakeholders at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently towards deadlines
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Ability to plan for and manage groups
To apply, please provide a cover letter and 2-page CV in one pdf file to
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Application deadline: March 27,2023
We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.