Senior Accounts Receivable Officer Full-time Job2023-07-20 15:07 Accounting Nadi 224 views Reference: 3336
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
South Sea Cruises Group (SSCG) is Fiji’s most experienced and award-winning cruise operator offering a range of award-winning products and services throughout the stunning Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands. South Sea Cruises operates a modern fleet of fast catamarans, an overnight cruise ship, a modern sailing catamaran, several speed boats, and tender boats as well as Fiji’s two most popular day trip islands.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Receivable Officer to be positioned at our Port Denarau base. This position reports directly to the Group Financial Controller.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage collection activities including following up on long overdue accounts, resolving short payments, sending payment follow-up reminders to agents, and referring non-paying accounts to Group Financial Controller (“GFC”) and Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”).
- Manage aging of accounts receivable.
- Maintain good rapport with agents.
- Liaise with the Reservations and Sales Department as and when required.
- Update the general ledger receivables by monitoring and coordinating all transactions postings including daily postings of bank remittances and credit notes.
- Ensuring customer statements are sent out on a timely basis.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date finance contact information of each customer in the general ledger.
- Providing a monthly update to the GFC and CEO on accounts receivable collections and aging.
- Ensure all month end processing relating to accounts receivable is completed within 5 working days following month end.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- The applicant must have a Diploma or higher in accounting from a recognised institution with at least 4 years of experience in a similar position.
- At least 3 years of experience in the tourism industry.
- Competent in using Microsoft excel for data analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems.
If you believe you have the attributes and qualification as listed for the above position and a desire to work for Fiji’s leading marine tourism operator, then please apply in writing detailing why you’re the best person for either of the above roles along with your current CV and send via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail with the Attention to: Vacant Position- Accounts Receivable Officer, South Sea Cruises Group PO Box PD052, Denarau.
JOB OPEN TO:
With a fantastic range of award-winning day cruises, overnight cruises, island resort connections, resort accommodation, and beach clubs, the South Sea Cruises Group offers international visitors and our local community the opportunity to experience the very best in which the South Pacific has to offer.