Senior HR & Training Officer Full-time Job2023-09-24 20:45 Training Sigatoka 266 views Reference: 3525
IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We are a people powered business. So, we’re looking for a Senior HR & Training Officer who recognizes that culture is key – with the drive to create an enabling and empowering environment that brings the best out of our team. And delivers truly memorable experiences to our guests as a result.
Your day to day
- Create engagement programs and an annual calendar to foster a positive work environment for every colleague.
- Administer an annual Colleague Satisfaction survey and work with leaders to create impactful action plans.
- Use best practice recruitment strategies to attract and source talented colleagues.
- Welcome new colleagues, ensuring they have an incredible onboarding journey.
- Work through any performance management activities.
- Support line managers and departmental trainers in ensuring L&D resources are used to create learning culture.
- Work with line managers to ensure InterContinental brand standards are embedded throughout the hotel.
- Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate the team to provide exceptional guest experiences.
- Manage employee records and ensuring compliance with relevant labour laws, regulations and employment policies & procedures.
- Work with finance to ensure weekly payroll and costings are correct.
- Proactively enhance internal communication through forums, newsletters and other inspiring ways to connect with colleagues.
- Manage the Talent Reviews and guide leaders in creating development plans to encourage career growth and retention.
- This is a great role for an HR all-rounder with at least 3 years of experience looking for their first step towards leadership – the next role from here is Assistant HR Manager.
- Knowledge of upscale hotels or in a related customer service industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or a related business degree.
- Strong knowledge of Employment Relations Promulgation and its subsequent amendments; familiarity with handling collective agreements is preferred.
- Flexibility: due to the nature of the hospitality industry, weekends and public holidays are commonly rostered and your shifts will vary to reflect business demands.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1600hrs, Wednesday 27th September, 2023.
JOB OPEN TO:
Our properties are successful and well known in Fiji and the Pacific,
Natadola is an extraordinary sanctuary discreetly nestled amongst 35 acres of tropical gardens; InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Bay on Fijis main island of Viti Levu. Protected by a reef that creates an aqua-blue ocean-facing lagoon, Natadola Beach is voted one of the best beaches in the world.
Fijian design-inspired, our 266 rooms offer an array of world-class dining facilities, an award-winning luxury spa, three swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, a kids club, a wedding pavilion, and state-of-the-art conference facilities as well as authentic Fijian hospitality.
These experiences combine to create one of the most magnificent luxury retreats in Fiji and the South Pacific. Fifty-five minutes away from Nadi International Airport, InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is the only five-star Fiji resort positioned in the idyllic location that is Natadola Bay.