Student Collection Assistant Full-time Job2023-08-21 07:11 Administration Suva 703 views Reference: 3436
An exciting opportunity is available within the Finance Section at The University of the South Pacific for a Vibrant Student Collection Assistant. The Student Collection Assistant is key to providing efficient customer service at the Accounts Receivable Section. With a primary focus on students, the appointee will deal with all financial and administrative aspects of students’ studies at USP, from data entry, document review and reconciliation to debt collection and related reporting. Working in a timeline-driven environment, the appointee will liaise with students, sponsors, other regional campuses and various University Departments to exchange financial and administrative data and support.
The appointee will coordinate student debt collection activities and submit all required data and reports per Management requirements. This is a unique opportunity to be able to work in a complex operating environment across 12 countries.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Completion for relevant certificate; or
- Completion of Year 12 Secondary school studies with relevant work experience; or
- Relevant experience or combination of relevant experience and education / training
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; work in a flexible team environment;
- Good level of IT literacy, familiarity with database, MS Word and MS Excel, and other accounting software (computerized General Ledger environment);
- Proven experience in building and sustaining productive internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Analytical thinking skills including the ability to identify emerging issues, and recommend workable solutions to problems;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment and discretion;
- Concern for thoroughness, accuracy and integrity;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, managing multiple activities while working under minimum supervision.
- Diploma in Accounting/Financial Management; or
- Post-trades certificate or advanced certificate and two (2) years of relevant experience.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Shivani Mudiliar, Manger Accounts Receivable, Finance Section, Email: email@example.com
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
- FJ $12,093 to FJ $20,267 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 27 August 2023