Welder Full-time Job2023-10-06 18:50 Manufacturing Suva 103 views Reference: 3569
Viti Foods Pte Limited is a subsidiary of CJ Patel Group of Companies and we specialize in manufacturing canned tuna and mackerel products for local and export markets. We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Welder to be based in our Engineering department in Laucala Beach Estate, Suva.
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor and will be involved in a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment in the fish cannery operations in accordance with industrial standards and procedures.
- Carry out welding and fabrication work on machines including plant modification as grinders, flame cutters and drill presses
- Evaluate equipment, materials and labor needed to complete large and/or complex maintenance tasks
- Perform a wide variety of skilled (and sometimes complex) welding related activities
- Assist with an ongoing project assigned by the Engineering Supervisor
- Maintain safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Able to perform Arc, Tig, mild steel, cast iron and stainless-steel welding
- At least 2-3 years working experience in similar role
- A Trade certificate in Welding & Fabrication with trade test qualifications.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform gas cutting and plasma cutting.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Should have strong technical and analytical skills.
- Should be performance-driven and thrive in a fast paced and demanding environment, whilst under pressure
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria can forward their application and CV to the Human Resources Department on Email: email@example.com or contact the Human Resources Officer on 9990991 for alternate option to apply for the above position.
Applications close on 20th October 2023.